Tuesday 5 April 2011

March favourites...


Hey everyone,I`m back with a monthly favourites post,I can hardley believe we are now 5 days into the month of April.My birthday month hurrah!Anyway onto my favourites from the month of March,no skin care this month other than the Soap and Glory Heel Genious foot softening lotion which I am loving at the minute.I`m not a fan of peppermint smelling foot creams and this one has a light clean,fresh fragrance which doesn`t bother me.It works extremely well when left on over night,I`m really enjoying using it at the moment,especially since Spring/Summer is coming and its almost time for sandal season!

I`ve been loving the Charles Worthington mineral hair mask since I purchased it about a month ago.I have been using it about once a week and can really tell the difference when I do,it gives my hair added moisture and makes the ends look much healthier.I have long,very thick hair-and alot of it!I`m not sure how it would work on fine hair as its a pretty thick formula but If you have hair like mine I highly reccomend.I think it was about £6 something from Boots.


Makeup wise I have absolutely been lovng warm soul blush by Mac and have worn it almost every day,it is my new favourite blush,I`m really loving neutral toned blush at the moment and deffinetley need to add more to my collection-suggestions? When I haven`t been wearing warm soul I have been wearing the Guerlain G blush which I blogged about a while back,for some reason I only like this on me when I`m tanned,its not particularly bright so I`m not sure why.When you swirl all the shades together,which is what I do you get a lovley light peach natural flush of colour which I love.I`m all about less obvious blush at the moment and the bright pinks and even my beloved melba by Mac have been shoved to the back of the drawer.


In other makeup news I have been enjoying a few finds from the 'drugstore' these include the Palmers coco butter lip balm which is now my favourite lipbalm and the Prestige lipgloss in Soft Peach.Its none sticky,cheap,a beautiful light peach pink shade with a hint of shimmer and even looks good worn alone.Whats not to love?Other drugstore finds include the Maxfactor false lash effect fusion mascara and Ardell false eyelashes,both are doing an excellent job of enhancing my pretty pathetic eyelashes and I would repurchase both in the future.


Lipstick wise I have been loving the new Viva Glam Gaga lipstick,its the perfect nude for my skin tone and I love the creamy,moisturising formula.As soon as I applied it the first time I knew it was going to be a hit.I`m going to go as far to say as I will repurchase this while I can.


From Clinique I am loving there All about eyes eye gel,it makes applying under eye concealer a dream and I find that it goes on so much easier,it literally glides on and requires less concealer to be used.I have been using this to prep my eyes for makeup every single day.


I purchased a new foundation brush this month,although I diddn`t get around to blogging about it.Its actually the big,fat,firm foundation brush from Coco Beau.Its so unique,I don`t think I have ever come across such a thick foundation brush,it literally applies your foundation in a few seconds.It is pretty pricey,£30 but I`ve been using it every day when I`ve been in a rush to get ready so I`m deffinetly getting my moneys worth.


I have been trying out alot of new nail polish in March but my favourite has to be Deborah Lippmann's Waking Up In Vegas.I wont talk about it too much as I have already done a post on how much I love and reccomend it but everything I have said previously still stands,I am loving this nail polish.


Finally I have included a product that has become a total holy grail of mine.It is Benefits boxed powder bronzer Hoola.I love this bronzer so much I am now ready to purchase my 3rd box (and these last a really long time!)I love this bronzer for contouring and for use all over the face,I`ve used several other bronzers but nothing compares,I could literally chuck the rest of my bronzers out and use this for the rest of my makeup wearing days.I hate orange bronzers and those with any sign of shimmer,Hoola however has neither.Its perfectly matt and has 0 the chance of looking orange.I`m not sure how it would look on very pale skin although I`m sure with a light hand you could make it work,on my skin however I never find it to appear muddy which is another thing I can not stand with bronzer.The only downsides to this product is A,the packaging and B,the price which both I`m not too fussed about to be honest.If something is that good I can usually cope with the packaging and although its expensive-about £23?You do get alot of product and mine lasts me for about 7months of continous use.



So thats my favourites for the month of March,hope you enjoyed!

2 comments:

  1. love this post! can def see myself purchasing a few of these when i can :D

    Xisses, Onyxsta
    http://say-bleurgh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete