Saturday 4 June 2011

Las Vegas Haul...

Hi everyone,as promised in my previous post I am back with a Vegas haul.As I did quite a bit of shopping while I was out there and as it was also my birthday I have aquired quite a bit including both makeup and fashion/accesories so I have decided to split my haul in two.







I was so excited to get my hands on some Make up forever goodies while I was in the US as my British readers will know the difficulty it is to access the brand in the UK.There are virtually no online stockists and as far as I am aware there is only one shop in the entire country that stocks MUF and its in London which is about a 6 hours + journey for me.After much browsing I ended up buying one of their concealer palettes,the HD foundation and also there smokey lash mascara which I forgot to photograph but will be included in a monthly favourites post as I love it so much.I`m planning to do a full review on my 3 Make up forever products so I`m not going to talk about them any further for now.
Also pictured is the Clinique pore minimiser which is basically a primer that claims to shrink pores,I have quite oily skin and large pores so I was hoping this would do a good job of shrinking them as the name would suggest however I`m not overly impressed so far.I haven`t seen any difference so far and it diddn`t make my make up last any longer or my skin less oily,that being said I`ve only used it once so I`m deffinetly going to give it a longer test run before I give my final verdict.


Recently I heard that Urban Decay had repackaged there primer potion which is great news as anyone who has ever used UDPP will know how tricky it is to get the remaining product from the old tube version once you have used a certain amount.I picked up the 'Eden' version whilst in Sephora however I`m not entirely sure how its different from the original as it seems the same colour to me and does exactly the job.The new packaging is 10x better however so I`m not complaining.


In duty free I was browsing the Chanel counter and after debating over weather to purchase or not I picked up there Mat Lumiere foundation.As I said previously my skin is quite oily,especially in the summer and I also like a good medium-full coverage so Mat Lumiere seemed the obvious choice as opposed to the other foundations Chanel has to offer.I have been using this foundation alot and I have to say I`m pretty impressed,it doesn`t keep me as oil free as my Estee Lauder Double Wear or Studio Fix Fluid but it is less cakey and I love the application when applied with my beauty blender.





Whilst browsing Walgreens,(ok you have no idea how excited I was to visit Walgreens,it was actually rather sad lol!)I came across this Wet and Wild palette,Its called 'Comfort Zone' and is from there color icon collection. I was mega excited to get my hands on this as I have heard several beauty youtubers/bloggers talking about how great it is and I totally agree,the pigmentation and general quality of these shadows is amazing,the colours are beautiful and best of all it was $4 something.Thats about £2.50 for 8 gorgeous eyeshadows,you can`t go wrong really!



I have been using this palette literally every other day since I bought it,more so the left hand side but I have recently discovered that the shadow on the bottom right hand side is pretty much an exact dupe for Mac's club.I decided to swatch the two and as you can see they are not 100% identical but they are pretty similiar.The wet and wild shadow is on the right and has a slightly more reddish tone in this particular photograph where as club on the left looks more brown.However if you own club you will know how different it can appear depending on how its applied and the lighting so to be honest if I swatched these two again they could appear even more similar.If you are able to get your hands on this palette I highly reccomend you do,I still can`t believe the amazing value and quality for money.
Also in Walgreens I finally got my hands on another cult beauty blogger/youtuber favourite which is currently unavailable in the UK.It is of course the famous Revlon soft nude and I can confirm its just as amazing as everyone says.Its literally the perfect nude for medium skin tones and is so easy to wear as it can be worn with any look,day or night.As you can see I have been wearing it quite alot,its one of those throw in your bag and reapply all day lipsticks.My only regret is that I diddn`t buy two! On another trip to Sephora I decicided to buy the Natural eye kit from Too Faced.I don`t own many Too Faced products but this palette is just gorgeous,the colours are really wearable and very versatile and although I already own the Naked palette from Urban Decay I think owning both is totally jusifiable.The only bad thing I have to say about this is the size of the shadows on the right seems a little stingey to me,they could have made them a little larger imo.






The only Mac purchases of the trip were these two lipsticks from the sheen supreme collection,they are from left to right,Gotta Dash and Supremely Confident.I have to amdit these were purchased on a total whim but I have absolutely fallen in love with them and they were not off my lips they entire holiday,particualrly Gotta Dash which isn`t showing up true to life in the photograph.In real life it is much bright and is a real peachy/orange shade-perfect for spring summer.If your not used to wearing brights like myself but want to gradually edge out of your comfort zone then deffinetly get your hands on Gotta Dash,its the stand out lip product of the year so far for me and I urge you all to see it in real life as my picture doesn`t do it justice at all.Surpemely Confident is also beautiful (although not as unique as Gotta Dash),I reccomend it to all nude lovers particularly ladies with a fair-medium skin tone.


For my birthday I was lucky enough to receive the Juicy Couture original perfume which is one of my all time faves and also The Michael Kors Very Hollywood fragrance which is a new scent to me.I have want Very Hollywood for ages,its such a light,fresh,fragrance and I`m going to leave it at that as I`m rubbish at describing scents but deffinetly check it out.Even the bottle is gorgeous!I decided to pick up these two blushes from Nars whilst on my trip,I previously only owned one Nars blush so this was very exciting.The one on the left is Penny Lane which is a cream blush formula,I only own one other cream blush which is by Mac so I thought I`d give Nars a whirl.I`ve only used this once but to be honest I wasn`t that impressed,the colour diddn`t show up on my skin very well however I won`t be giving up just yet,maybe I just need to try applying it with a different brush.Orgasm (on the left) however,is amazing!I was torn between this and deep throat and looking back I wish I`d bought both instead of Penny Lane but oh well,Orgasm is lovely.It reminds me a little of Corlista from Benefit which I also love but I think I like Orgasm more.Its a perfect every day blush that looks very natural when used with a light hand or can be built up for a night time look.

Haul part 2 coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment